Mikael Magnusson wrote:
> On Mon, 2009-04-06 at 22:18 +0200, Mikael Magnusson wrote:
>> With this patch applied you don't need to enable bindv6only system wide
>> to use IPv6 with Yxa on Linux as described in the README file. Some
>> programs, such as some versions of the SUN Java jre/plug-in, are
>> incompatible with the bindv6only setting, which makes this patch useful
>> when using both Java and Yxa with IPv6 enabled on the same Linux system.
>
> Attached is an updated patch which hopefully also works on other systems
> than Linux. The last patch was supposed to be portable, but a line was
> commented out by mistake.

Can you please comment some on how this works? I can't find
documentation about the {raw, _, _, _} socket option - is it correct
that it is undocumented?

Where does the IPPROTO_IPV6 = 41 and IPV6_V6ONLY = 26 values come from?
Somewhere in the Linux kernel header files I guess, but I would like to
document that somewhere in case Linux changes this sometime in the future.

I'm also thinking that perhaps it is best to put this code in a separate
file, in case this opens up the door to more complex OS depending stuff
in the future...