Mikael Magnusson wrote:
> On Mon, 2009-04-20 at 19:26 +0200, Fredrik Thulin wrote:
>> Mikael Magnusson wrote:
>>> Attached is an updated patch which hopefully also works on other systems
>>> than Linux. The last patch was supposed to be portable, but a line was
>>> commented out by mistake.
>> Can you please comment some on how this works? I can't find
>> documentation about the {raw, _, _, _} socket option - is it correct
>> that it is undocumented?
>>

> Raw socket options are documented in inet[1].

Right. I had old man-pages installed (I think R12B-1, which don't
mention 'raw' but the ubuntu package erlang-manpages gave me R12B-3
which has 'raw').

>> Where does the IPPROTO_IPV6 = 41 and IPV6_V6ONLY = 26 values come from?
>> Somewhere in the Linux kernel header files I guess, but I would like to
>> document that somewhere in case Linux changes this sometime in the future.
>>

> They are available both in libc6-dev (source package glibc), and
> linux-libc-dev (source package linux) on my Ubuntu system.
>
> IPPROTO_IPv6 = 41 is located in
> * /usr/include/linux/in.h from linux-libc-dev
> * /usr/include/netinet/in.h from libc6-dev
>
> and IPV6_V6ONLY = 26 in
> * /usr/include/linux/in6.h from linux-libc-dev
> * /usr/include/bits/in.h from libc6-dev
>
> And according to RFC 3493[2]:
>
>     The declaration for IPPROTO_IPV6, the new IPv6 socket options, and
>     related constants defined in this section are obtained by including
>     the header <netinet/in.h>.
>
>> I'm also thinking that perhaps it is best to put this code in a separate
>> file, in case this opens up the door to more complex OS depending stuff
>> in the future...
>>
>> /Fredrik
>
> Or maybe IPPROTO_IPV6 and IPV6_V6ONLY could be autodetected in
> configure.ac?

I was thinking something similar as well. I'm not sure now though - I
would rather not have YXA depend on libc6-dev and linux-libc-dev (or
equivalent) just for this.