SOFA wrote

That's a good question and I suppose it is possible...
But I bought the vinyl boot in a used record store in Japan in '79. DAT
didn't come out on the market until '86 or so, right?. I sorta have my
doubts that it's the same source - but who knows? It could be...

I see what you mean but lineage is Aud master>dat so someone has transfered
from a cassette source to dat at some point after which dat became widely
available.

I have a few Zappa vinyl boots but not this one,although I used to know
someone who had it.
I've seen at least one,maybe two copies on UK Ebay in the last year or so
and they didn't go for that much,around the 12-15 mark.

http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/jGKolB/TM