I have to say that to suggest that Stockhausen or Cage are the "new"
standards that should somehow replace older, romantic standards, make no
sense to me. I don't mean by this to detract from the modernists, but their
accomplishments have not rendered Beethoven, for instance, irrelevant.

Incidentally, does anyone know if Stockhausen is an Anthroposophist?
Mark

> Hello,
>
> not exactly knowing what "Yikes" means, I first thought Dawayne wanted
> to say with the posting of the link something like: "this phenomenon
> really sucks!" - and when reading the article I thought: "hm, ok...
> sort of." - not the guy, but the sensational and at the same time
> pretty non-informative article.
>
> All the surroundings sound like a revival of the spirit of romantisism
> (the "young genius"-thing) and in case the music actually sounds in
> correspondance to this spirit, I'd say: hats off to the completely
> impressive technical talents of this little genius, but we're in the
> 21st century, and many standards better not to ignore were set by
> people like Cage, Stockhausen, Lachenmann and many more in the
> meantime - for good reasons that address to the view of life under
> political, humanistic and philosophical aspects (burb). Maybe
> irrelevant to "accuse" a 12-year old of ignoring this, but I just
> dislike the whole presentation, because all about it is sort of
> one-sided.
>
> Anyway: I didn't hear a single note of this young guy, but I
> definitely can say I don't need anymore strictly decorative music with
> the label of "contemporary" classical music!
>
> Greetings, Joerg
>
> P.S.
> For all of you who like "Girl in the Magnesium dress" ("Yellow
> Shark"-version) - this is almost pure Pierre Boulez, so maybe he's
> also worth checking out!

> Yahoo! Groups Links

Tired of hearing the same songs over and over?
Listen to Internet Radio! Skip songs. Click to listen to LAUNCHcast!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/OXvbED/HARHAA/n1hLAA/jGKolB/TM