I had a similar problem, I didn't want to keep lugging my amplifier
upstairs to copy vinyl to computer.
I bought one of these:
http://www.avland.co.uk/pro-ject/phonobox/phonobox.htm
Thats a UK site, but it looks like its available in the US as well.
http://www.needledoctor.com/s.nl/sc.9/category.-109/it.A/id.928/.f

Plug it in and then grab hold of the furniture!   :o)

Cris