--- In Zappa-List@yahoogroups.com, "SOFA" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I know... And neither does any FZ fan or tape site. Except
theBIGnote, thanks to your article ; )

Bravo!

> Are you aware of any site that does?

Yes, this one - although oddly it doesn't say it's verified - I mean
come on - I'm not just some drugged out hippy who can't remember his
own birthday - I'm a serious Zappahead AND pro musician who
remembers all of my career and that of FZ and my times seeing him in
concert and visiting him at his home. I write songs with Jimmy Carl
Black and I've contributed to the Zappalog as well as Greg Russo's
book - so my word should be good enough:

http://members.shaw.ca/fz-pomd/giglist/1972.html

You can also go here to this forum and see that not only I have been
recently talking about that show, but there are others that were
there that night, who are also musicians, and vividly recall being
at that show with Steely Dan opening.

It's also not a great coincidence that Steely Dan opened for FZ the
following evening in Kansas City, which is only 3 hours away from
Wichita.

And besides, there has to be documentation of when FZ met and heard
Craig Twister Steward in Wichita and this was that night - Friday -
Dec 1, 1972:

>>The only confirmation I've found is yours, and an
interview "Twister" gave.

As I posted above, there are more guys here posting their memories
of that Wichita show, including my bass player who drove us there
that day from my hometown of Manhattan, KS - we got in free because
my bass player used to play in a band with a trumpet player named
Roger Lewis - and Lewis used to play in a band with Earle Dumler.

Dumler is a Kansas native from the town of Russell - home of Bob
Dole - and Dumler was a member that night of FZ's band:

> But that's no big deal, really. I personally verified a show for
Ulrich, and it happens all the time. The problem they deal with is
the documentation; they tend to want a little more than "I remember
when".

"I remember when" is not my style. I have a very clear memory of all
the things that have happened in my amazing musical journey around
the world several times over as guitarist with Bob Seger, Chicago
and French legend Veronique Sanson. I don't forget musical
milestones like hanging out with Frank Zappa at a Petit Wazoo show
in Wichita, KS.

> Ya know Dawayne, you really should contact Charles Ulrich about
this show... I've heard he's in the process of writing a book on FZ;
with your intimate knowledge, you might be a potential resource...

I contacted Charles about this show a year or two ago and he's added
it to his site but it doesn't say "verified". I verify it, along
with many others, so what's there not to verify?

And lastly, I thank you again for all your help in my obtaining so
many FZ recordings. Much appreciated.

http://us.click.yahoo.com/pKxVKC/UOnJAA/n1hLAA/yXLolB/TM