I'm on a Music course at a College (NW England) and have opted to do a
short (approx 10 mins) presentation on Zappa's early musical influences.

Rather than list the four influences I had in mind I'd like if anyone
here might offer their thoughts on the matter.

Maybe I should mention that I am classed as a Mature student having
actually seen Zappa touring during the 1970s, and am also reasonably
well up on his Recorded Output. I'm really looking for other people's
opinions to attempt to make my presentation both as concise and
interesting as I am able in the time allowed.

As a new member I suppose I should search the Message archive first to
see if this has aleady been discussed at length before launching this
thread, but I've become another lazy student.

Thanks in advance.
Hoof