Thanks to SOFA and to "Guy".

My own approach was to use both Varese and Stravinsky, then
Johnny "Guitar" Watson and maybe a montage of the Song "Louie Louie".
Zappa seemed to reference this Song in so many ways.

So there's the influences of West European Art Music (WEAM) of the 20th
Century, the new American Popular Musics (Blues, Jazz, Gospel, Soul,
R&B, Rock and Roll, Doo-Wop, ...) and a whole Mountain of Cheese.
(Zappa excelled at cheesy songs in my opinion).So how do I summarise
all this stuff in 10 minutes?

And what tracks would show off these multi-faceted influences on this
multi-talented Composer, Arranger, Guitarist, Band-Leader, .....?

Argggghhhhhhh!!!!!

Hold it! The cheerleader? Sadly that's not a UK phenomenon.
See how backwards we still are in the Old Country.

Cheers again. If you're interested I'll see if I can keep hold of most
of the remnants of my Muffin (sorry Presentation). It might make
someone laugh.

HOOF (in need of re-shodding)

--- In Zappa-List@yahoogroups.com, "Guy" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

 Stravinsky, (Von)Webern, Johnny "Guitar" Watson, Don and Dewey...

--- In Zappa-List@yahoogroups.com, <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> 1) Edgard Varese
> 2) 50's Doo-Wop
> 3) Guitar Slim
> 4) The 'B' sides of 50's Blues / R&B
> And if you wish to take student laziness to new heights, I get a
cheerleader to help write the paper. You let her do all the work, and
maybe later - who knows?