I agree wholeheartedly with JimL that Hot Rats is a good start. As a
secondary alternative I'd suggest Apostrophe (*) (almost if not just
as good - or better. Also you can dl some concerts, liberated boots,
vids, etc. by joining the Zappateers (for free) here...

http://www.zappateers.com
Then you ca figure out which band/years you like and work from
there. Personally I like '74-'77 the best.

--- In Zappa-List@yahoogroups.com, "cw_robcastaneda"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm a relative newbie to Frank Zappa music. To begin I bought
a "best of album" to get a
> sampling (with over 70+ albums to chose from and such a wide
variety it is hard to
> choose!).
>
> The first song on the album - "Peaches En Regalia" hit me right up
front and I would like to
> ask which other songs/albums offer similar styles of compositions.
The vocal stuff doesn't
> do much for me at this stage, but I'm really hungry for
the "peaches" style compositions.