I really don't know why Frank decided to include STH, but according to Mike Keneally, the idea for the solo was not Frank's...

 ...me and Paul Carman launching into Jimmy Page's "Stairway" solo in unison without telling Frank we were going to (he'd been playing an improvised solo in that spot), Frank digging it, waiting until we were done, then saying "OK. Now show it to the REST of the horn section"...

From: Zappa-List@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Glen Young
Sent: Monday, June 12, 2006 6:08 PM
To: Zappa-List@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Zappa-List] Stairway

Just been reading the latest edition of the UK music/movies magazine Uncut
which this month has a retrospective article on Led Zep 4.

It got me thinking as to why Frank decided to cover STH on the 88 tour ?
I don't think I've ever seen an explanation of this........was it to show
how clever he could be in transposing the guitar solo to the horn
section,did he just like the song or is there another reason ?

Anyone know ?

Glen

Personals Fun family vacation Fun ride
Family fun Fun christmas gift Fun apron