Gotta admit, I think DVD-R's full of FLAC's, SHN's or APE's are the
Bees Knees - so that's where my vote has gone.
It's a win situation all round for me - easy to package and post -
and cheaper postage (especially overseas).
I just make a copy of the DVD for myself and pass the original on
straight away. I can burn copies of the shows as and when I'm ready
to listen to them - and a DVD makes storage easy - no need to tie up
harddrive space.
DVD's can also contain Artwork and track/recording history etc.
There's quality benefits too - I think that the integrity of the
files is more likely - I've had more than my fair share of duff audio
recordings passed to me in the past (mis-recorded, out of sequence,
TAO, glitches and some that I strongly suspect have been sourced from
mp3's).
I can't see anyone going to the trouble of creating a FLAC/SHN/APE
copy to circulate from a recording they originally got as an mp3 -
can you?
With vines you only need a DVD reader - not a recorder. Surely, most
members must have a DVD drive now.
If anyone doesn't have one then they can always request a copy of any
of the shows on a circulating DVD-R by trade or even B&P.
Makes a lot of sense to me.
Cheers
Les.

http://us.click.yahoo.com/XISQkA/lOaOAA/yQLSAA/yXLolB/TM