More precisely:

http://www.arf.ru/Notes/Zoot/intro2.html

Front-cover mystery :-)

From: JOHNSCIALLI
  From left to right: Patrick O'Hearn, Terry Bozzio, FZ, Eddie Jobson. I am not
familiar with the answers altho I've seen some speculation on affz. I don't
remember the details but the photo had to do with some time period another than
that album.

From: Vladimir Sovetov
  John, I think the explanation is in note Calvin provided for Uncle Meat cover.
  Let me repeat it here
  [Calvin's note]: "There was, at times (at least in earlier years), some
discrepancy between who performed on the album, and who was listed or pictured
on the packaging. I would say this was primarily because: the album package
illustrated the MOI "group" as it existed at the time of release as
differentiated from the actual recording personnel; listings and photos of the
MOI usually were of whoever was in the "group" when the list or photo was made,
and the band was ever-changing (as were some albums)".
  So you see " the album package illustrated the MOI "group" as it existed at
the time of release as differentiated from the actual recording personnel" and
at the time Zoot Allures album was sent to Warner Brothers for pressing (06/76
) the touring group consisted of

    * Frank Zappa - guitar, vocals;
    * Ray White - guitar, vocals;
    * Eddie Jobson - violin, keyboards;
    * Patrick O'Hearn - bass;
    * Terry Bozzio - drums, vocals

  The very persons on the cover. The actual band. So the real mystery is where
is Ray? Probably once again some emergency call from home!-))

From: Charles Ulrich
  FZ was not touring in June, 1976. The tour didn't start until October, 1976.
Moreover, when it did start, the line-up also included:
  Bianca - keyboards, vocals
  It seems quite possible that Ray and Bianca were hired sometime between June
and October. (Bianca left the band after the November 11 concert.)

That's what I found.
SOFA