I pre-ordered this through Abstract Logix (a very good jazz / fusion
website). On sale for $17.95 and released on 1/20/09.

http://www.abstractlogix.com/xcart/product.php?
productid=24002&cat=0&page=1

robert

--- In Zappa-List@yahoogroups.com, "Jack C. Oonk" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Interesting... No details on when & where this is released - and
available?
> SOFA

Dreams/MVD)

>   This film reviews the true story of The Mothers of Invention and
the music they made during the first incarnation of the band. With
group members Jimmy Carl Black, Bunk Gardner, Don Preston and Art
Tripp taking up the tale and revealing - often for the first time -
what the real Frank Zappa was all about; and with contributions
from 'scenesters 'like LA wildman Kim Fowley, biographer Billy James,
Zappa academic Ben Watson, music journalist Richie Unterberger and
English writer and musician Alan Clayson - acclaimed biographer of
Edgar Varèse - this program is the most detailed, informative and
enjoyable documentary on Frank Zappa and The Mothers of Invention yet
to emerge. Also features rare footage of Frank and The Mothers from
throughout the 1960s, archive interviews, seldom seen live
performances, and a host of other features.