On Sun, Aug 25, 2013 at 07:20:56PM +0800, yuanhang zheng wrote:
>    2. I have found that the "select text" function won't work in my
>    Archlinux, the text is not in the clipboard so that I can't paste to
>    my editor. Now I just use the "xsel" togother with the "xclip" tool
>    to send them into the clipboard. Although zathura says that the text
>    have been in the clipboard, they are actually not there.
>
>    Can you help me to solve this two problems? If they are not such two
>    functions, I think I can contribute to the project. Thanks!

Could you please try the following, and let's see whether this would solve your
issue:

        - Build Zathura from the 'develop' branch, after pulling the latest
          changes.

        - Put the following line in your ~/.config/zathura/zathurarc:

                set selection-clipboard clipboard

        - Open some pdf with Zathura, select some text, and paste it using
          Ctrl-v, and see whether pasting still doesn't work.

        - Repeat the same 2 steps with the configuration in zathurarc changed
          to:
                set selection-clipboard primary

          , and with using Shift-Insert for pasting instead of Ctrl-v

If 'primary' doens't work, but 'clipboard' does, then you have to stick with
the 'clipboard' option and pasting with Ctrl-v. Then, we can conclude that the
PRIMARY X clipboard has troubles working on some systems (including mine).

--
        Marwan