> What's the worst case scenario possible with this?  If you had no
> decent cross (one of the 8 move cases probably) and all 8 other edges
> flipped, perhaps.  Would the time saved by using two gen algs to
> finish things be worth it with the number of moves this will
> potentially add?
>
> Just some things to think about.
>
> -Mike
> team [zb]

Another thing to consider, even though I use Xcross quite a bit (my
last hard data I was at 28% but I use it a good bit more often after
RWC so I think I might be close or around 33% by now), is that
sometimes the Xcross is so hard I wouldn't even dream of trying it.

If orienting edges like this is indeed roughly the same difficulty as
Xcross, then you would need a backup plan for when that strategy is
too difficult.  Obviously my back is just cross and 4 pairs.

I wonder how you would handle a 10 edges flipped where the edges are
in an 8 move state away from solved case?

Perhaps this strategy would work, like Xcross, only for the
easy/medium cases?  Or if it is indeed easier and can be done all the
time then that would solve this whole problem.

Just trying to think out loud, I think it is a good idea, but I think
we need to refine it a bit too.

Chris