Am Mittwoch, 12. April 2006 00:29 schrieb Mayne:
> On Tue, 11 Apr 2006, Wolfgang Jeltsch wrote:
> > /proc/bus/usb contain these lines:
> >     P: Vendor=1582 ProdID=6003 Rev=48.10
> That's a zd1211b-based device, see

Oops.  I thought that the b in zd1211b has something to do with 802.11b and
that therefore I don't have a zd1211b device since my dongle also supports
802.11g.  I just have tried what Chidananda suggested, meaning I accessed my
dongle with the zd1211 module.  Can this damage the dongle?

> It should be supported by the driver using proper options ("make
> ZD1211REV_B=1 install" should be okay).

Can I also do a normal make; make install and then just load zd1211b instead
of zd1211?  Can I also use the zd1211-source and zd1211-firmware packages
included in Debian etch as long as I load zd1211b instead of zd1211?

Best wishes,

Zd1211-devs mailing list -