Helllo,

I have Fedora Core 4 and have wireless-tools-28-0.pre4.3 installed.
I want to set up a wireless Ad-Hoc connection between two linux machines
which have the a wireless usb zd1211 stick.

I downloaded, built and modprobe the driver (modprobe zd1211) and it went ok
I am using the latest dirver from:
http://zd1211.ath.cx/download/zd1211-driver-r74.tgz

Can anybody please guide me, step by step, what should I do
to set up such a connection?

(I am a quite a noobie in this.)

Should I first run "ifconfig wlan0 up"?
Should I set an IP by ifconfig wlan0 myIPAddress?
Should I use iwpriv wlan0 connect?

BTW,I am aware of the following thread from this list reagrding AdHoc
(from 13/10/2005)
but it did not help me much:
http://www.nabble.com/AdHoc-problem-%28bug-%29-t405144.html
Regards,