i need another device?  i can't just run ethereal when i use wireless
zero and when i use wpa_supplicant?

if that's ok, what information do you need me to show you from ethereal?

On 5/6/06, Jouni Malinen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On Sat, May 06, 2006 at 11:44:50AM -0500, John H. wrote:
> i know when i did it in linux, it said pre-shared key incorrect often.

That is just the default guess if message 2/4 fails. In this case,
something else is most likely triggering the AP to reject this message.

> i can reproduce it, but in linux, what sniffer should i use, and how?
> and should i do ap_scan 1 or 2?

I would like to see the difference between the successful and failed
cases (e.g., both of them with Windows). This would need an additional
wireless device that supports capturing 802.11 frames. I'm usually using
Ethereal for capturing the packets.