i know when i did it in linux, it said pre-shared key incorrect often.

i can reproduce it, but in linux, what sniffer should i use, and how?
and should i do ap_scan 1 or 2?

On 5/6/06, Jouni Malinen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On Sat, May 06, 2006 at 02:08:36AM -0500, John H. wrote:
> well, I tried it in windows, and got same results.  As soon as I
> turned back on windows zero config, it prompted me for the wpa ascii
> password, i put it in, and i am connected through that:(  Below is my
> config and debug info

Thanks! This is quite useful information. For some reason, the test with
ap_scan=1 did not seem to associate properly or at least wpa_supplicant
did not see any EAPOL frames in that case. The driver was sending
connection events, but those were immediately followed by disconnect
event. The test with ap_scan=2 associated properly and started 4-way
handshake. However, it looks like the AP does not like something in the
message 2/4.

I would like to see what exactly was different in the message 2/4
between a failed and successful attempts. Would you or someone else be
able to reproduce this and use a wireless sniffer to capture those
messages?