On Fri, 12 May 2006, Mauro Pagano wrote:

Daniel I cannot confirm what you say (I read the dmesg line but in practice
it doesn't work)...
[EMAIL PROTECTED] network-scripts]# ifconfig eth1 up
eth1: unknown interface: No such device
iwconfig recognize wlan0 wireless extensions
lo        no wireless extensions.
eth0      no wireless extensions.
sit0      no wireless extensions.
vmnet8    no wireless extensions.
wlan0     802.11g zd1211  ESSID:"homenetwork"

Just a guess but perhaps both zd1211 and zd1211rw module are loaded? What output does lsmod give?

Regards