On Wed, 7 Jun 2006, Ali BT wrote:

> I don't know why but I have the impression USB adaptors are capable of a
> single data link connection at a time. I think the fact that there can
> be only one association to an AP led me to that opinion.

AFAIK the only (hardware) limitation is that a wifi device can only tune
to one channel (= it can only send/listen on one wifi channel
concurrently). Everything else are protocol/software limitations. As you
can see with the newer madwifi atheros driver, it is technically possible
to have one device emulate several access points concurrently - if the
driver supports that feature.

Regards