> > That's correct. The vendor driver simply blinks the LED at fixed
> > intervals, it doesn't actually indicate how much traffic is flying
> > around.
>
> Emn, it doesn't look like just periodic blinking. You definitely see when
> data is being transferred, in contrast to when it is idle. No idea, maybe
> it has to do with firmware, or maybe you meant the same thing. Anyway,
> I could definitely see when it was downloading emails:-)

This usually works like this: (and is probably what Daniel is trying to say)
- data transfer -> start periodic blinking to indicate transfer
(LED blinks once every x milliseconds, so the blinking rate has nothing to do
with the actual transfer rate)
- no data transfer -> switch off periodic blinking (depending on what choice
the developer made, the LED is either on or off)