On Sat, 12 Aug 2006, Daniel Drake wrote:

> Guennadi Liakhovetski wrote:
> > 20:53:50: usb 1-1.4: handle_retry_failed_int() retry failed interrupt
> > 20:54:43: usb 1-1.4: handle_retry_failed_int() retry failed interrupt
> >
> > Is it just weak signal? But failed interrupt (URB?) is suspicious...
> It's not a failed interrupt, it's an interrupt informing you that the device
> failed to transmit a frame (well, it transmitted it but it was not
> acknowledged).
> When you say it was lost and re-established, did that happen automatically or
> what? I still don't really have a full understanding of the problem you are
> reporting.

This time - yes, it was automatic. To the user it looks like there's no
connection for some time and then it is back. Sometimes it "never"
recovers on its own, but ifdown+ifup / disconnecting and reconnecting the
dongle get a connection back. I think, it is similar to what my colleague
Peter Lueg was experiencing with the driver not monitoring connection
status / not trying to reconnect / roam... He has some patches for those
problems, we'll try to get them upstream soon.

Sorry for beaing vague in my problem reports - there's really nothing to
report - just the connection breaks and in most cases doesn't come back
without manual intervention.

Guennadi Liakhovetski