Daniel Drake wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have some changes ready which enable hardware decryption for receiving
> encrypted frames in zd1211rw. Hardware encryption (for transmitting)
> will come after this tested and merged.
>
> It does need some extra testing though. Specifically:
>
> - Someone on PPC or another big-endian architecture, incase I screwed up
> the byte-swapping bit
> - Someone on a WPA TKIP network
> - Someone on a WPA CCMP network
>
> Any volunteers?
>
> You need to patch your 2.6.18 kernel with this:
> http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=linux-netdev&m=115913791123037&w=2
>
> And then compile this driver release: (don't use the in-kernel one)
> http://dsd.object4.net/zd1211rw-hwdec.tar.gz
tested on: WPA TKIP network
PC hardware: amd64
 zydas: firmware version 4605
           zd1211rw 3-6:1.0: chip 0ace:1211 v4330 high 00-11-a3
RF2959_RF pa0 -----
software:
    distribution - Fedora Core 6 Test 3 with update added from
development build
    platform: x86_64 development source tree
    kernel source - kernel-2.6.18-1.2689.fc6.src.rpm (latest FC6
development source build)
       with added patch suggested from above link
       and zd1211rw snapshot firmware dated 9-25-06

method of test:
    running rsync command to copy about 30+GB source tree files.
    Also included large files the size of DVD (~4.3GB)

errror encountered:
    The following errors taken from /var/log/messages mostly during the
time when copying large files
   (about the size of DVD)

    kernel: zd1211rw 3-6:1.0: zd_chip_control_leds error -110

NOTE: errors occurs every couple of minutes ranging from 1-10 min.
repeatedly
           However, the network continue to functions with LEDs blinking
at fast rate
           Looks solid so far.

iwconfig:
* link quality=93/100 signal level=100/100, bit rate=54Mb/s

gkrellm display (transfer rate):
1.3-1.8MBytes/sec  = 10.4-14.4Mbits/sec

eric