Hi Matthieu,

Matthieu CASTET wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Sat, 07 Oct 2006 19:20:30 +0200, Harald Dunkel wrote:
>
>> Hi Daniel,
>> Any helpful hint would be highly appreciated.
> Did you do a ifconfig eth2 up before iwconfig/iwlist command ?

Actually I don't see why the network interface should be
brought up before it is configured. For the "old" zd1211-83
this wasn't necessary. But I tried this, too:

# iwconfig eth2
eth2      IEEE 802.11b/g  ESSID:off/any  Nickname:"zd1211"
          Mode:Managed  Access Point: Invalid
          Encryption key:off
          Link Quality:0  Signal level:0  Noise level:0

# ifconfig eth2 up && iwconfig eth2 essid harrinet && iwconfig eth2
eth2      IEEE 802.11b/g  ESSID:""  Nickname:"zd1211"
          Mode:Managed  Frequency:2.432 GHz  Access Point: Invalid
          Bit Rate=1 Mb/s
          Encryption key:off
          Link Quality:0  Signal level:0  Noise level:0

Regards

Harri