On Tue, 23 Jan 2007, Eugéne Suter wrote:

However, I just installed kernel 2.6.19.2 and the module refuses to compile
(from the r83 zd1211-driver tarball). I'm aware that this is probably due to
changes in the new kernel release.

Up to now nobody bothered updating the driver to newer kernels. Probably that's because from 2.6.18 on the zd1211rw driver is included in the kernel.

I'm more that willing to try and use the zd1211rw module and help out with
the debugging, but unfortunately it doesn't seem to recognize my card (even
though it is listed on your website).
lsusb confirms the cards presence and id (083a:4505).

Please read http://zd1211.ath.cx/wiki/UntestedWithRewrite (actually, that page is linked to in the device ID table). Let us know whether the zd1211rw driver works with your device after the modifications. Be sure to include the info listed in step 4 on the page.

Thanks!

Regards