On 24/01/07, Uli Kunitz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

You must have udev installed and it must load from /usr/lib/firmware. This
is not always the case, newer Ubuntus have kernel-version specific firmware
directories.
Kind regards,

Ulrich

Well, VectorLinux (and Slackware for that matter) uses /lib/firmware as its
firmware directory, and does not implement kernel-specific firmware
directories.
UDEV is installed (version 097 if I'm not mistaken), and it most probably
loads firmware from /lib/firmware, as thats where all the other firmware
files are for other devices.

I'm not at my computer at the moment, so I can't give any more specific
information about that.

I'll first try symlinking /lib/firmware to /usr/lib/firmware and see how
that goes.

Thanks again for the reply!

Regards,

Eugéne