Björn,

I have to apologize, we have support for the Radio-Chip (RF) UW2453
in our latest version of the driver for the mac80211 stack, but of
course this code is not integrated in the kernels by the distributors.

So at the moment your only chance will be to recompile the zd1211rw
git branch of my wireless-dev git tree. Some additional information
can be found here: http://linuxwireless.org/en/users/Drivers/zd1211rw

Uli

Am 15.05.2007 um 22:35 schrieb Uli Kunitz:

> Björn,
>
> could you provide us with the output of cat /proc/version, we need
> the kernel version.
>
> It appears that the kernel version is to old. The RF is supported in
> newer kernels.
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Ulrich
> Am 15.05.2007 um 10:55 schrieb Björn Tappert:
>
>> Hi!
>>
>> I am using a laptop with an build in AR5007UG wireless lan card:
>>
>> lsusb says:
>> Bus 1 Device 2: ID 0ace:1215 ZyDAS
>>
>> I used zd1211b first:
>> I got my device to be found (iwconfig), but it didn't work
>> correctly (bit rate
>> was at 1, I could not find wlans...). I finally gave it up.
>>
>> I tried the zd1211rw than:
>> with "modprobe zd1211rw" I got (dmesg):
>> zd1211rw 1-1:1.0: RF UW2453_RF 0x9 is not supported
>>
>> And on your page (http://zd1211.ath.cx/wiki/RfTypes) I saw that
>> your are
>> working on that chip.
>>

>> So is there a change to get it run by now? When not how long do you
>> think it
>> will take? Did anybody get it working with special settings or so?
>>

>> Thanks in advise!
>> Björn

> --
> Uli Kunitz