--- On Thu, 21/1/10, Marc MERLIN <marc_n...@merlins.org> wrote:

> On Thu, Jan 21, 2010 at 03:20:05AM
> +0000, Hin-Tak Leung wrote:
> > The code works alright for me for the 6 months I used
> it as my main AP - until the machine to which it is
> connected to die of old age. (it is ust under 10 years old,
> so way past its expected lifetime).
> >
> > A couple of comments: I now remember that I found that
> I need to run at least an 'iwlist scan' or do something *on
> the AP* before a client can connect. Otherwise it is not
> visible to a client.
>
> That seems to help, thanks.
>
> > > Is the AP code working and stable for you?
> >
> > Yes, can run it for days. But yes, the AP machine
> sometimes crashes after a few days.
>
> Ok, I found a pretty serious bug. I think the driver
> disables interrupts
> somewhere and waits for the client to reply.
> My client is an android phone, and it'll randomly go to
> sleep.
> When that happens my linux box mostly hangs (I can't input
> anything
> through the keyboard at least) until I awake the phone.
>
> Is that an easy bug to find/fix? Would you like more
> data/debugging on
> it?

Argh, that's another bug I remember - yes, for some reason it seems to affect
keyboard functioning. But mouse still works and cut-and-paste in X still works
with the mouse. So whenever it happens, I cut-and-paste enough of 'reboot'
together with a carriage return (ust cut-and-paste across a line) and I can
reset the machine. I haven't found any answer to that problem either.