--- On Thu, 21/1/10, Benoit PAPILLAULT <benoit.papilla...@free.fr> wrote:

> Side question : from this thread, it seems that zd1211rw
> driver supports
> AP mode. Is that true? Looking at the code (2.6.33-rc4-wl),
> it is
> supposed to only support station, adhoc and mesh mode. Does
> AP mode
> support has been dropped since 2.6.31.6 or are you talking
> about a
> different code base?

Different code base - we have been talking about the vendor driver, not the rw
driver. The rw driver will never support AP mode - see the discussin a while
ago on linux-wireless mailing list. (apparently the vendor driver is not being
entirely correct about power-saving issues, and the hardware itself does not
have the required spec to implement power-saving support in AP mode properly
according to the 802.11 spec, so the kernel developers have decided that if it
cannot be done properly, it will not be done at all). This may be what the
problem with iphone client going to sleep and the AP going funny.