Assigning myself to this bug as the blacklisting impl. is very close to
what we already do with the notifications.

My plan is to simply pickle a collection of blacklisting Event-templates
and then filter events on those, almost exactly the same way we notify
monitors.

The plus side here is that with a very little extra work I can make this
work as an extension. I just need to insert a hook in
resonance_engine.py where it filters any incoming events through the
installed extensions. I actually already implemented this a while ago,
but the branch where I had it is lost. It's easy to redo anyway...

** Changed in: zeitgeist
     Assignee: Seif Lotfy (seif) => Mikkel Kamstrup Erlandsen (kamstrup)

** Summary changed:

- Zeitgeist should have any kind of system to protect users privacy
+ Event blacklisting/Privacy mode

--
Event blacklisting/Privacy mode
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/447417

Status in Zeitgeist Framework: Confirmed

Bug description:
Zeitgeist should respect the following use cases:
 * Tim has a directory ~/Videos/pr0n, he does not want zeitgeist to track any
events regarding this directory
 * Tina played a card game at work and found out that this event is shown in
her zeitgeist client, she would like to remove this  event to hide it from her
boss