>> templates they want to listen for. And then we only notify apps that
>> have registered matching templates.
>
>Is this even possible at all with D-Bus?

Yes. The direct solution is to have clients register some callback
interface. The more elegant approach would be to send directed signals.
Then a third approach would simply be using DBus Match rules (but I
think this will restrict the API a bit). I am not 110% sure that
directed signals are possible, but I think I read about it somewhere...

--
Zeitgeist should have any kind of system to protect users privacy
Zeitgeist-Engine, which is the registrant for Zeitgeist Framework.

Status in Zeitgeist Framework: Confirmed

Bug description:
Zeitgeist should respect the following use cases:
 * Tim has a directory ~/Videos/pr0n, he does not want zeitgeist to track any
events regarding this directory
 * Tina played a card game at work and found out that this event is shown in
her zeitgeist client, she would like to remove this  event to hide it from her
boss