I'm not sure what we are fixing here? It's because Python < 2.7 doesn't have a
proper representation for a binary data aka an array of bytes. The payload is
an 'ay' and that can be mapped several ways in python-dbus...

I'm not sure if list or str is the better representation here. The crucial
factor is whether list() has a per-element overhead or not in Python, if it
does then it would be silly to use it to wrap 100k bytes for example, then a
string would be better...
--
https://code.launchpad.net/~manishsinha/zeitgeist/fix-691167/+merge/43948
Your team Zeitgeist Framework Team is requested to review the proposed merge of