So how do I add a string payload with this api? I can see 3 cases that will be
the most likely payloads:

 * xml
 * json
 * raw binary image data (fx png)

So the two cases we need to have a clear line of support for is strings and
binary data. Both of these will work with event.payload = str(data), but I'm
not sure how it'll work with your proposal Manish? Maybe it'll just work... but
I can't wrap my mind around the ramifications here :-)
--
https://code.launchpad.net/~manishsinha/zeitgeist/fix-691167/+merge/43948
Your team Zeitgeist Framework Team is requested to review the proposed merge of