can you install zeitgeist from our PPA

sudo apt-add-repository ppa:zeitgeist/ppa
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get upgrade

This will get you the latest zeitgeist

Then try to replicate this issue. If you can still get this high CPU
usage then I can look furthur.

** Also affects: zeitgeist

** Changed in: zeitgeist

  zeitgeist-daemon using ~100% of CPU

Status in Zeitgeist Framework:
Status in “zeitgeist” package in Ubuntu:

Bug description:
  I've tried restarting my computer, closing all applications, etc., but
  no matter what System Monitor tells me zeitgeist-daemon is using
  96-100% of the CPU on my i5 Sony Vaio laptop.