This bug was fixed in the package zeitgeist-extensions - 0.0.11-0ubuntu1

---------------
zeitgeist-extensions (0.0.11-0ubuntu1) oneiric; urgency=low

  * New upstream release:
    - Fix zeitgeist-daemon using ~100% of CPU (LP: #722762)
 -- Didier Roche <didro...@ubuntu.com>   Mon, 05 Sep 2011 10:53:29 +0200

** Changed in: zeitgeist-extensions (Ubuntu)

Extensions, which is the registrant for Zeitgeist Extensions.

  zeitgeist-daemon using ~100% of CPU

Status in Zeitgeist Framework:
  Invalid
Status in Zeitgeist Extensions:
  Fix Released
Status in “zeitgeist” package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid
Status in “zeitgeist-extensions” package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Released

Bug description:
  I've tried restarting my computer, closing all applications, etc., but
  no matter what System Monitor tells me zeitgeist-daemon is using
  96-100% of the CPU on my i5 Sony Vaio laptop.