Thanks for confirming this. We need something to go on before we can
proceed with this issue though. Here's what you can do to help:

First install the needed debugging packages:

  sudo apt-get install gdb python-dbg libxapian22-dbg

Then when you see the issue drop to a terminal:

  pgrep -f zeitgeist-daemon
  sudo gdb 2>&1 | tee zg-dump.txt
  <hit ctrl-c>
  bt full

Then attach zg-dump.txt here

Extensions, which is the registrant for Zeitgeist Extensions.

  zeitgeist-daemon using ~100% of CPU

Status in Zeitgeist Framework:
Status in Zeitgeist Extensions:
  Fix Released
Status in “zeitgeist” package in Ubuntu:
Status in “zeitgeist-extensions” package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Released

Bug description:
  I've tried restarting my computer, closing all applications, etc., but
  no matter what System Monitor tells me zeitgeist-daemon is using
  96-100% of the CPU on my i5 Sony Vaio laptop.