I can  confirm that removing the ZG databases and re-logging in fixed
the issue, though I'm worried that accessing the ZG db is a mandatory
requirement for the dash to show something.

Wouldn't it be better to show an application list (at least) despite ZG
access not being completed successfully?

Thanks, Natalia.

  Dash is always empty

Status in Zeitgeist Framework:
  Fix Committed
Status in “zeitgeist” package in Ubuntu:

Bug description:
  Every time I open the dash pressing the super key, I get an empty
  dash. This has been happening for a long time now, I'm running unity-

  Please see screenshot attached.

  ProblemType: Bug
  DistroRelease: Ubuntu 12.04
  Package: unity 5.10.0-0ubuntu6