On Tue, 19 Feb 2008, Jue Miao Jing Ming - ?????~Y????~X~N wrote:
> Harvey So Daiho Hilbert wrote:
>> With palms together,
>> To eat meat, not eat meat; to sit in witness or not sit in witness; to
>> be buddhas or pretend buddhas, has nothing to do with eating meat
>> or bearing witness, but it has everything to do,  with being a Buddha.

Would someone please explain what it means to "sit in witness" and/or
"bearing witness"?  My only reference to these terms comes from my Christian
(Protestant) upbringing with a touch of Quaker practice in recent years.
I'd like to learn what these mean in the context of Zen/Chan.

Thank you.

--
Mark Perew  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To the world you may be just one person,