Hi Mark,

All my training is in Chinese Chan and in the Chinese language.  I am
sorry, I am not familiar with these English terms in Zen, which is of
Japanese origin.  Though Zen is originally from Chan, after 1,000 years
in Japan and 100 years in the USA, Zen in English seems to be more
modern and simplified while Chan is still quite Buddhist/Taoist.

Most of the terms in Chan in our school is still quoted from Diamond
Sutra, Platform Sutra, Heart Sutra, Tao-Te-Jing, Shin-Shin-Ming.
JM