Hi Heshou, Kai,

The Six Dimensions For Ten Thousand Deeds.
六度萬行 -- 布施,持戒,忍辱,精進,禪定,智慧
To grow our Lotus, we must get our feet wet in the mud.  A clean bottle of water, such as sitting at home, provides no mud.

In Chan however, it is simpler in concept.  It is
Detach from all forms.  Sync heart to heart.

Therefore we live every moment with Pure Heart, Equal Mind,  Harmonious Spirit.  清凈心,平等心,和諧心。
You see, no mention of any FORM.

Thank you for asking.

Dear Jue-Miao,

Could I ask you to post us the six dimensions in Chinese as well? I would
enjoy looking at the Chinese text, too, when sitting at my office.

Heshou, Kai

Jue Miao Jing
Ming - 覺妙精明
com> [EMAIL PROTECTED]ps.com
Gesendet von: Kopie
oups.com Thema
[Zen] Six Dimensions For Each
23.06.2008 19:32

Bitte antworten

Hi Al,

Six Act Of Perfection is a term translated by western zen/buddhism. I
would translate them differently from the original Chinese text.

I would translate the title to be "Six Dimenions For Each Encounter"
These are six guidelines for us whenever we encounters some incident or
someone. Not six steps, but six simultaneous dimensions for actions and

1. Be helpful - offer to help/resolve/satisfy as our first act, before
our judgment/assumptions take over.
2. Be respectful - act on a equal basis with discipline and best foot
3. Be patient - give time for each to resolve without hurrying time itself.
4. Be committed - firm on our intentions and actions to learn from this
5. Be still - not be affected by its outcome and without any expectation.
6. Seek wisdom - absorb the wisdom and move on.

These are just personal interpretation which could be different from the
mainstream of Buddhist teaching.

In short, just throw away the labels and concept, and live with our
best foot forward would be enough to transform our lives for the true,
equal and the beautiful.