Manivadivu,

I'll asume that your questions are serious questions and answer
accordingly:

I have never read or heard anything about the attitude of Japanese
zen towards homosexuality.  I don't even know what the attitude was
of medieval Japan towards homosexuality.  Many medieval Western and
Asian cultures were more tolerant of sexual preferences than today's
societies.  Not seeing any mention of this leads me to beleive that
homosexuality was not seen as a big deal or a problem.

I also don't know what the attitude or teachings of Buddhism is
towards homosexuality, or care for that matter.

My own opinion is that homosexuality itself is not a specific concern
in zen practice.  I would just lump homosexuality in with general
sexuality, and that I do not consider a problem unless you become
attached to it and it interferes with your practice.

Hope this helps...Bill!

--- In Zen_Forum@yahoogroups.com, "manivadivu" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Back in the early days of Japanese Zen, I can imagine that any hint
of homosexuality would have been unacceptable.

> What is the position of Zen Buddhism towards homosexuality? When
did it become acceptable? Is it acceptable in Japan?