Hi Bill,

I posted it here because consciousness is the essence of Zen. Zen is precisely pure consciousness. So the more we understand about the true nature of consciousness the more we understand about Zen. I believe we can get some good insights by considering non-human consciousnesses. I have a couple of papers on the nature of consciousness and the 'true nature of things' if anyone is interested I could provide links to.

Best,
Edgar