JM,

Good post. There is only one substance to reality, to the universe, and that is sometimes called Tao, sometimes Buddha nature, and I also refer to it as ontological energy (OE). It is the substance of everything that gives reality to reality in the present moment and it exists only in the present moment. Its presence is what gives the present moment its reality. It is in itself a single undivided substance. It is the substance of all reality including what some call consciousness and the external world. All else is form, all the particular details we observe as things and energies are all forms rippling in the undivided sea of Tao.

So there is at root only Tao and the forms it continually takes on which then dissolve.

Edgar