Thank you, Edgar,

Yes, this "substance" can also be called life force, Buddha, God,
Universal Consciousness, IT, THIS, Big Mind, Whole, One, etc.  The key
is not to insist on any of its label, but sync to it at every moment.
When we are in sync with it, then we know our position in the universe,
no longer suffer fom our delusional mind.   We can accept everything and
anything.  We become Whole. At that time, we can affect the form and the
formless.

Yes, Chan practice enable us to be connected to it. It is not hard, as
long as we surrender to it and don't pick or choose.
JM
PS. please explain what is "ontological energy".