Hi Mayka, The contradiction lies in the fact that you disagreed with my saying that when we hope for something/or some future situation we don't deal with what we need to face in the present moment now. But then you wrote that we suffer if we have future expectations. Isn't that exactly what 'hope' is? I hope you can answer this :)
Mike ________________________________ From: Mayka <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> To: [email protected] Sent: Monday, 3 November, 2008 17:09:53 Subject: Re: [Zen] Question? Hi Mike; Sorry but I see no contradition. Unless you explain where do you see the contradition, no idea what you mean. Mayka --- In [EMAIL PROTECTED] ps.com, mike brown <uerusuboyo@ ...> wrote: > > Hi Mayka, > > I hope this helps to clarify. > > You wrote: > >Third Paragraph; (I've copied everything here because I don't see > >this in the same way as you do) > > Jody wrote: > > Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we > > might > > > aswell dance. > > I wrote: > > Again, by hoping for something in the future or for some other > situation different to what we have now, we never truly face this > moment and learn to accept what we have. Why should the taxi-driver > be feeling that the old woman's life is somehow terribly sad and that > he was her knight in shining armour? Maybe she felt she had a good, > long life and now was her time to say goodbye to this life. Should we > feel sorry for Muhammed Ali because he has Parkinsons disease? Or > that that Jody is blind? How do we know that they haven't embraced > and accepted what life has dealt them? When we become sentimental we > tend to see the world, and the people in it, the way we think it > >should be and not how it actually is." > > Mike >
