I hear you loud and clear. I too for decades used to get very frustrated
that persons would not hear or could not understand or would not attempt
to apprehend what I was trying to say.

Now I view this phenomenon as being part and parcel of the human
condition - and I have been and tend to be a transgressor too.

More recently, due to aging process I believe, I have become reconciled
to the fact of life that rarely anybody, except mama perhaps will really
hear, understand or empathize with us.

--- In Zen_Forum@yahoogroups.com, "DP" <dave.dplat...@...> wrote:

> What frsutrated me about it was that some people felt that what they
were quoting was so profound that they didn't need to even respond to
me. Stuff like "fear of death is fear of life" didn't really do much for
me. Your stories, however, do give me a unique perspective.