From: billsm...@hhs1963.org <billsm...@hhs1963.org>
Subject: RE: [Zen] I did like the story.
To: Zen_Forum@yahoogroups.com
Date: Monday, 23 August, 2010, 9:24 AM

Anthony,
My statement was general, but that doesn’t mean it was incorrect.
Aspirin does reduce fever, but should NOT be taken to reduce fever if you don’t
know the cause of the fever.  Fever is a mechanism the body uses to heal itself
– an example would be to fight infection.  If you take aspirin and reduce the
fever you might be depriving your body of one the weapons it’s using to fight
an infection, and the infection might go on unchecked.  Aspirin is this case
does nothing to address the infection.
Even antibiotics do not directly address an infection.  They are homeopathic in
that they themselves are a pathogen and stimulate the body’s natural responses,
which then may have an effect on the infection.
…Bill!