...because his 3-year term ended. Not, as you seem to be implying, because he
was forced out.

I'm trying to be civil here, but you really do seem to be jumping to your own
conclusions without evidence, and actively ignoring contrary evidence. This is
exactly my frustration with people who seem to be against religion in any form.