Evidently not, considering that my Church survived that, and is considered the
mainline Christian church in Canada. Interestingly, some denominations rebelled
and made affirmative statements about Jesus' divinity, which I would point out
is an example of church members actively defying the authority from on top and
not being disciplined. Gosh, people were allowed to think for themselves!

Let me put it this way: you say that a belief that the Earth is flat would be
considered at the very least ignorant. So why are the most generalized
statements about religion as a whole tolerated and not  acknowledged as
ill-informed?